PUBLIC NOTICE TO ALL CUSTOMERS OF THE
The Town of Shelby Sanitary District #2 has filed an application with the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW) to increase water rates. The increase is necessary due to a 283.44 percent increase in gross plant investment and a 110.82 percent increase in operating expenses (after Step II) since the last water rate case was completed in 2011.
If the request is granted, the increase in water rates will be implemented in two steps. The increase in Step I is estimated to be $35,230. The Step II increase of the remaining $171,218 would be implemented when the projects authorized in docket 5390-CW-101 are completed and placed into service. Therefore, the total increase in water revenues requested is $206,448 which will result in an estimated overall rate increase of 104.19 percent over the water utility’s present revenues.
If the request is granted, the water bill for an average residential customer with a ?-inch or ¾-inch meter who uses 14,000 gallons of water per quarter will increase from $72.95 to $81.91, or 12.28%, in Step 1. Bills for the same customer will increase from $81.91 to $147.98, or 80.66% in Step II. Therefore, the customer’s overall bill will rise approximately 103% after Step II has been implemented.
A telephonic public hearing on the application has been scheduled for Wednesday, February 24, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. This virtual hearing has no physical location. This is a virtual hearing to which members of the public may attend by telephone or listen to live broadcast on-line. Scheduling questions regarding this hearing may be directed to the PSCW at (608) 266-3766.
To attend by telephone use the following:
- Dial-in number: (872) 240-3212 (Toll)
- Access Code: 903-694-349 #
A person may testify in this proceeding without becoming a party and without attorney representation. A person may submit this testimony in only one of the following ways:
- Web Comment. Go to the Commission’s web site at http://psc.wi.gov, click on “File a Comment”. On the next page select the “File a comment” link that appears for docket number 5390-WR-104. Web comments shall be received no later than Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
- Oral Comment. Speak over the telephone during the public session. The Administrative Law Judge may receive an oral comment from any member of the public in attendance after the close of any party and Commission staff testimony. The Administrative Law Judge will receive an oral comment by unmuting each phone connection one at a time and inquiring into the each caller’s desire to comment.
- Mail Comment. All comments submitted by U.S. Mail shall be received no later than Tuesday, March 2, 2021 and shall be addressed to: Attn: Docket 5390-WR-104 Comments, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7854, Madison, WI 53707-7854.
The PSCW intends to webcast this hearing live on the PSCW’s web site at http://psc.wi.gov under the “PSC Live Broadcast” button.
All documents in this docket are filed on the Commission’s Electronic Records Filing (ERF) system. To view these documents: (1) go to the Commission’s E-Services Portal at http://apps.psc.wi.gov, (2) enter “5390-WR-104” in the box labeled “Quick Single Docket Search,” and (3) select “Documents”.
If you have any questions, please contact Town of Shelby Sanitary District #2 at (608) 788-1032.