1) Public Informational Meeting per a notice sent to approximately 475 water customers was held on the evening of Oct. 2, 2019.
2) The " Water System Master Plan " was the key topic as presented by SEH, the SSD and Town's engineering firm.
3) The Master Plan projects will enhance the existing water system infrastructure, add new well capacity along with rehabilitating an existing well, interconnect the now separate individual water systems in the future plus ultimately add new elevated water storage for increased fire flow protection and reliability.
4) The three water system projects planned for 2020 - 2023 at a cost of $2.3 million are a new well in Arbor Hills, rehabilitation of the existing Arbor Hills well and a water main connection between Wedgwood Valley and Arbor Hills.
5) A " Safe Drinking Water Loan " from the DNR at below market interest rates will be the major funding source with an anticipation of receiving DNR grant funds.
6) An application for a water rate increase will be made to the PSC which regulates the SSD water utility and sets the rates based on the economics of the SSD operations.
7) The SSD's municipal financial advisor, Ehlers Inc., presented a rate increase forecast to service the debt of the SSD. Currently the rate increase is approximately 50% in 2020 with a 20% increase in 2023 . Potentially the PSC may set the rate higher based on their cost of service rate model.
7) Well Construction bidding will be advertised starting Oct. 15, to initially drill a test well to assess the quality and quantity of water and then to drill the permanent 900 ft. well to be located in the Arbor Hills park.
9) The overall benefits of the Master Plan are increased supply capacity, reliability and redundancy.
10) The SSD Board will issue periodic updates as the projects progress