Elections & Voting
Town of Shelby will have a 5 person Town Board for 2019.
Nomination papers are available here. Please submit by the deadline to get your name on the ballot for 2019!
Please see attached Type A Notice of the terms. Spring Election 5 Person Board Notice.
Please see attached Nomination Packet Instructions and Forms to run for office. Nomination Packet
Non Parisian Primary Election - Tues February 19, 2019 - see ballot samples below when available
**If you are a snow bird or away for the Election, fill out your absentee ballot request EARLY to ensure delivery. We will have ballots mid January for mailing.
Click on the District MAPS below to view the District you are in:
Where do I vote? Am I registered?
Apply on-line to register to vote and/or request an absentee ballot at https://myvote.wi.gov. Complete the questions and mail your application with your proof of residence (where you live) to the Clerk listed on the registration page. Or you can fill out the voter registration form on our Forms Page.
- First time voters and absentee requests will also need to send a copy of their Wisconsin ID or Drivers License.
- You must live IN SHELBY for 10 DAYS prior to each Election to register to vote here.
ABSENTEE VOTING INFO
Application for Absentee Ballot Form
Visit the forms page to access the application for an absentee ballot. Sign it, send along a copy of your Wisconsin ID, and mail to:
Town of Shelby Clerk, 2800 Ward Ave, La Crosse, WI 54601.
You can also email it with a photo of your ID to: Michelle.Kind@townofshelby.com
- IF you choose Email - the ballot CANNOT be emailed back to me, you need to print out the ballot and certificate, vote, have a witness sign your certificate, place ballot in a separate envelope, then put the certificate and envelope into another envelope to mail back to me. Then your ballot will be remade on Election day onto an actual ballot and put into the voting machine.
- Post Office Mailing times are averaging 4-5 days to get TO you and 4-5 days to get RETURNED, please plan to request your Absentee ballot as soon as possible. 10 Postal days before the Election is February 7th!
- BALLOTS CANNOT BE FORWARDED AND ALSO CANNOT BE DELIVERED TO A PO BOX.
In Person Absentee Voting
In Person Absentee voting for the February 2019 Election will be available from Monday 2/4/19 - Friday 2/15/19 during regular office hours 8am-4pm. On Friday 02/15/19 ONLY we will have in-person absentee voting and registration by until 5pm.
**There is NO absentee voting on Monday, 2/18/19.
Photo ID: For the latest information on Voter ID, FREE WI ID cards, videos, and information go to: https://myvote.wi.gov
Clerk Info: please call Michelle Kind at 608-788-1032 ext. 7 or email me at email@example.com
Non-partisan primary held the third Tuesday in February to nominate candidates to be voted for at the spring election.
Election held the first Tuesday in April for Court of Appeals Judges, Circuit Court Judge, County nonpartisan Offices, Municipal Offices, School District Offices, and referenda, and in Presidential years, to express party preferences for Presidential candidates.
Primary held the second Tuesday in August to nominate candidates to be voted for at the general election and referenda.
Election held in even-numbered years on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November to elect the President and Vice President (in even numbered years), United States Senator, Representative in Congress, State Senator, Representative to the Assembly, District Attorney, County Partisan Offices, and referenda.
Shelby Town Annex
2801 Ward Avenue
(28th Street Entrance)
Polls are open from 7am - 8pm
Absentee Ballot and Office Location
Shelby Town Hall
2800 Ward Avenue