Elections, Voting & Census 2020
Next Election: November 3, 2020 -- Early Voting begins 10/20/2020
Election held in even-numbered years on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November to elect the President and Vice President (in even numbered years), United States Senator, Representative in Congress, State Senator, Representative to the Assembly, District Attorney, County Partisan Offices, and referenda.
Past Election Dates 2020: Feb 18, April 7th, and Aug. 11
Spring Primary: FEBRUARY 18th, 2020
Non-partisan primary held the third Tuesday in February to nominate candidates to be voted for at the spring election.
Spring Election: APRIL 7th, 2020
Election held the first Tuesday in April for Court of Appeals Judges, Circuit Court Judge, County nonpartisan Offices, Municipal Offices, School District Offices, and referenda, and in Presidential years, to express party preferences for Presidential candidates.
Partisan Primary: AUGUST 11th, 2020
Primary held the second Tuesday in August to nominate candidates to be voted for at the general election and referenda.
Type A Notice of the length of terms for the positions. - Not Yet Posted
Type D Notice of Polling Place Location & Hours. - Not Yet Posted
Apply online to register to vote and/or request an absentee ballot at https://myvote.wi.gov. Complete the questions and mail your application with your proof of residence to the Town Hall.
Voter Registration Application- Click Here
You will need to bring a photo ID along with your proof of residence. If you're turning in the form in person.
- You must live IN SHELBY for 28 DAYS prior to each Election to register to vote here.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINES:
- October 14, 2020 (11:59 p.m.) Deadline to Register online or by mail.
- October 30, 2020 (5:00 p.m.) Deadline to Register in Person.
- November 3, 2020 (7:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.) You can register to vote at the Polling Place.
Absentee By Mail Information
Absentee Ballot Application- Click Here
Sign it, send along a copy of your Wisconsin ID, and mail to:
Town of Shelby Clerk, 2800 Ward Ave, La Crosse, WI 54601.
You can also email it with a photo of your ID to: Town of Shelby Clerk
- Post Office Mailing times are averaging 5-7 days to get TO you AND 5-7 days to get RETURNED, please plan to request your Absentee ballot as soon as possible as it is a possible 10 day turnaround. Ballots must be received by Election day at 8pm.
- ABSENTEE BALLOT DEADLINES:
- October 29, 2020 (5:00 p.m.) Deadline to request an Absentee Ballot by mail for Regular and Overseas Voters.
- October 30, 2020 (5:00 p.m.) Deadling to request and Absentee Ballot by mail for Indefinitely Confined and Military Voters not on Active Duty.
In-Person Absentee Voting Information
**There is NO absentee voting the day before the election on Monday.
For more information visit: 2020census.gov
Shelby Town Annex
2801 Ward Avenue
(28th Street Entrance)
Polls are open from 7am - 8pm
Absentee Ballot and Office Location
Shelby Town Hall
2800 Ward Avenue
Click on the District MAPS below to view the District you are in:
ELECTION WORKERS NEEDED AT THE POLLS!
If you would like to work at the polling place on Election Day, please call (608) 788-1032 ext. 107 or email email@example.com and our clerk will provide you with information.
Election Inspectors can choose to be compensated for their time on election day as well as any required trainings they attend.