Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm.
There is a drop box at the front door for payments.
We will be closed on major Holidays, see calendar for scheduled meetings and events.
Water in the Cty "F" Ridge area: Sanitary District & Town Board have been reviewing a plan completed by a consultant to provide water at this location. Date for an informational meeting is being looked at. Watch for more details. (posted 11/14/14)
UPCOMING ROAD PROJECTS:
1 THIS PROJECT IS DELAYED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: North Chipmunk - a portion on the east end of the road, west of Johnson Road will be widened and re-paved. (posted 8/3/14)
2. THIS PROJECT IS DELAYED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: Paving on Forest Ridge, Deerview Dr, Schroder Rd and a portion of Skyline Drive. (posted 12/11/14)
The Town is selling stickers to be used when you have extra garbage that will not fit into the garbage cart. They are 5 stickers for $15.00. (posted 5/2014)
BRUSH: Is done for the year. (posted 11/14/14)
ISSUES TO FOLLOW
Apply for your 2014 FIRE RING PERMIT (FREE) online-see Fire Dept heading on left and apply! They go right to the Fire Chiefs Office and they get emailed back to you! No need to have them mailed or get a paper copy. As of 2014 this is a one time application as long as you reside at the location on the permit. (posted 12/13)
- RECYCLING CARDBOARD: Boxes should be broken down, bundled and placed next to or on top of the recycling bin and covered if it is going to rain. Corregated cardboard has a wavy layer between the inner and outer sides. Cereal boxes, soda cartons, beer cubes, etc are not corregated cardboard and should be placed in the trash. They are burned at the NSP RDF Facility and turned into electricity, which is not as high in the recycling heirarchy, but at this point the market for these materials does not warrant separate collection. (posted 9/13/2014)
- 911 SIGNS: Project to replace all the 911 signs in the Town is underway. New signs have been installed along Hwy 33, 35 and Co Road K. Project will be completed over the next two to three years. New posts with fire numbers (same fire number/address, no new numbers) will comply with Federal mandates on size and visibility of address. More information to follow as details of the project are completed. (posted 8/13/2014)
- There is a serious problem with dog feces being left in the parks! It should be picked and taken home, not left in refuse containers at the parks or thrown in the bathrooms. If the problem continues, dogs will be banned from all Town of Shelby parks. Those who use the parks for other activities and park maintenance staff should not have to deal with your dog feces. We are also having reports of dogs running loose in Pammel Creek Park and Mormon Coulee Park. Dogs must be on a lease at all times outside of your yard. (posted 4/13/2014)
- DUMPSTERS: Town does not allow dumpster or other obstructions to be placed on Town right-of-way. Permits are available for special circumstances. (posted 4/13)
- Town right-of-way extends 10-15 feet beyond the edge of the road. This area is used for snow storage when snow is pushed back away from the road and sometimes the plows tear up the sod and dirt. Generally the property owner will be responsible for repair. (posted 1/14/2014)
Concerns and Complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brush List Sign-up: email@example.com
Info on House Checks: firstname.lastname@example.org
TOWN OF SHELBY
2800 Ward Avenue
La Crosse, WI 54601