Shelby Police will be doing a grant enforcement the months of June thru Sept.(posted 6/515)
Shelby Fire Dept is having a Waffle Breakfast Sunday, Sept 13th 8am - Noon. Please see attached Flyer!
WATER ON THE RIDGE PROJECT
Board's continue to study and evaluate a potential water system.
No decision has been made to proceed with the project. Board's would like to make a decision on the project in the next couple of months.
The road crew is replacing the spring drainage and adding storm water inlets at the intersection of Hagen Rd and Hypoint Dr. There will be one lane open at all times. (posted 8/18/15)
Next Large Item Collection day is September 12, 2015. This is for large items not large quantities of smaller items
The Town is selling stickers to be used when you have extra garbage that will not fit into the garbage cart. They are 5 stickers for $15.00. (posted 5/2014)
ISSUES TO FOLLOW
Apply for your 2014 FIRE RING PERMIT (FREE) online-see Fire Dept heading on left and apply! They go right to the Fire Chiefs Office and they get emailed back to you! No need to have them mailed or get a paper copy. As of 2014 this is a one time application as long as you reside at the location on the permit. (posted 12/13)
- Board of Review and Open Book - The assessment role is expected at the Town Hall on September 1, 2015 after 11:00 AM. To discuss your property values with the Assessor AND get on the Board of Review list please CALL Associated Appraisal 1-800-721-4157. Open Book is September 9 at the Fire Station from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Board of Review is scheduled for September 28, 2015 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Town Hall. (posted 8/18/15)
- RECYCLING CARDBOARD: Boxes should be broken down, bundled and placed next to or on top of the recycling bin and covered if it is going to rain. Corregated cardboard has a wavy layer between the inner and outer sides. Cereal boxes, soda cartons, beer cubes, etc are not corregated cardboard and should be placed in the trash.(posted 9/13/2014)
- 911 SIGNS: Project to replace all the 911 signs in the Town is underway. New signs have been installed along Hwy 33, 35 and Co Road K. Project will be completed over the next two to three years. New posts with fire numbers (same fire number/address, no new numbers) will comply with Federal mandates on size and visibility of address. More information to follow as details of the project are completed. (posted 8/13/2014)
- There is a serious problem with dog feces being left in the parks! It should be picked and taken home, not left in refuse containers at the parks or thrown in the bathrooms. If the problem continues, dogs will be banned from all Town of Shelby parks. Those who use the parks for other activities and park maintenance staff should not have to deal with your dog feces. We are also having reports of dogs running loose in Pammel Creek Park and Mormon Coulee Park. Dogs must be on a lease at all times outside of your yard. (posted 4/13/2014)
- DUMPSTERS: Town does not allow dumpster or other obstructions to be placed on Town right-of-way. Permits are available for special circumstances. (posted 4/13)
- Town right-of-way extends 10-15 feet beyond the edge of the road. This area is used for snow storage when snow is pushed back away from the road and sometimes the plows tear up the sod and dirt. Generally the property owner will be responsible for repair. (posted 1/14/2014)
- A permit is required for Drive Way restructuring, resurfacing. There is no fee for this permit. We just want to make sure culverts are in good condition and the water flow is moving the way it needs to move. (posted 4/7/2015)
Concerns and Complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brush List Sign-up: email@example.com
Info on House Checks: firstname.lastname@example.org
TOWN OF SHELBY
2800 Ward Avenue
La Crosse, WI 54601
Office Hours 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Monday thru Friday