SUPPORT SHELBY YOUTH BALL: SHELBY DAYS AT LOGGERS, June 3rd, tickets $5.00 at the Town Hall.
THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD UNTIL THE WEATHER DOES NOT CALL FOR RAIN ON AND OFF. The road crew will be replacing the spring drainage and adding storm water inlets at the intersection of Hagen Rd and Hypoint Dr around the 5th of May. There will be one lane open at all times. (posted 4/22/15)
Hwy 33: Work has begun on retaining wall east of Hagen Road
June 8th - closing Highway from Hwy F to just east of Forest Ridge. Traffic will be detoured. Work expected to be completed by July 4th weekend. Local Traffic: those living in the area to be closed will have access to their properties. (posted 5/5/15)
Next Large Item Collection day is June13, 2015. This is for large items not large quantities of smaller items.
***)The Town Board has approved the preliminary plats for "Willow Heights" located on Knobloch Road on the "golf course" land, 24 new lots.(posted 5/5/15)
Planning Commission and Town Board are reviewing the preliminary plat of "Quarry at Irish Hill" located on Knobloch Road 43 new lots. (posted 5/5/15)
Water in the Cty "F" Ridge area: Sanitary District & Town Board have been reviewing a plan completed by a consultant to provide water at this location. Date for an informational meeting is being looked at. Watch for more details. (posted 11/14/14)
The Town is selling stickers to be used when you have extra garbage that will not fit into the garbage cart. They are 5 stickers for $15.00. (posted 5/2014)
ISSUES TO FOLLOW
Apply for your 2014 FIRE RING PERMIT (FREE) online-see Fire Dept heading on left and apply! They go right to the Fire Chiefs Office and they get emailed back to you! No need to have them mailed or get a paper copy. As of 2014 this is a one time application as long as you reside at the location on the permit. (posted 12/13)
- Board of Review and Open Book - The assessment role is not completed for this year. By Statue, we are required to meet in May. This meeting will meet and adjourn - no business taken 5/11/15.
To discuss your property values with the Assessor AND get on the list be reviewed for 2015, please CALL Associated Appraisal 1-800-721-4157. Open Book is expected to reconvene in August so call NOW for the Assessor to review your property BEFORE Open Book at the end of August.
RECYCLING CARDBOARD: Boxes should be broken down, bundled and placed next to or on top of the recycling bin and covered if it is going to rain. Corregated cardboard has a wavy layer between the inner and outer sides. Cereal boxes, soda cartons, beer cubes, etc are not corregated cardboard and should be placed in the trash. They are burned at the NSP RDF Facility and turned into electricity, which is not as high in the recycling heirarchy, but at this point the market for these materials does not warrant separate collection. (posted 9/13/2014)
- 911 SIGNS: Project to replace all the 911 signs in the Town is underway. New signs have been installed along Hwy 33, 35 and Co Road K. Project will be completed over the next two to three years. New posts with fire numbers (same fire number/address, no new numbers) will comply with Federal mandates on size and visibility of address. More information to follow as details of the project are completed. (posted 8/13/2014)
- There is a serious problem with dog feces being left in the parks! It should be picked and taken home, not left in refuse containers at the parks or thrown in the bathrooms. If the problem continues, dogs will be banned from all Town of Shelby parks. Those who use the parks for other activities and park maintenance staff should not have to deal with your dog feces. We are also having reports of dogs running loose in Pammel Creek Park and Mormon Coulee Park. Dogs must be on a lease at all times outside of your yard. (posted 4/13/2014)
- DUMPSTERS: Town does not allow dumpster or other obstructions to be placed on Town right-of-way. Permits are available for special circumstances. (posted 4/13)
- Town right-of-way extends 10-15 feet beyond the edge of the road. This area is used for snow storage when snow is pushed back away from the road and sometimes the plows tear up the sod and dirt. Generally the property owner will be responsible for repair. (posted 1/14/2014)
- A permit is required for Drive Way restructuring, resurfacing or changing anything to your natural water flow. There is no fee for this permit. We just want to make sure culverts are in good condition and the water flow is moving the way it needs to move. (posted 4/7/2015)
Concerns and Complaints: email@example.com
Brush List Sign-up: firstname.lastname@example.org
Info on House Checks: email@example.com
TOWN OF SHELBY
2800 Ward Avenue
La Crosse, WI 54601
Office Hours 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Monday thru Friday