See the new page of news at the "TOWN NEWS SECTION" on this web site
Town started breaking ground for the new Water Project along HWY 33, also starting in Pammel Creek Estates which will take about 3-4 days. We will keep you posted. (posted 10/2/2017)
UNDER FORMS you will now find the NEWSLETTER, RECYCLING FLYER AND LA CROSSE COUNTY PROPERTY SEARCH PLUS OTHER FORMS you can fill out for your convience.(posted 6/15/17)
Boundary Meeting was held with City of La Crosse and Town of Shelby for a public meeting Tuesday, November 7th at Central High School, in the Commons area at 6pm.
New Shelter at Mormon Coulee Park
The Lions Club is currently accepting donations towards a new shelter for the Mormon Coulee Park for the Town of Shelby.
Thank you to everyone who attended the October Fundraiser at Timmers!! They raised $1,400.
Please click below to donate to this Lions project: Donors will be recognized on a commemorative plaque in the shelter for the following donation levels:
Corporate: $5,000 and above
Platinum: $1,000 to $4,999
Gold: $500 to $999
Silver: $100 to $499
Bronze: $99 and Under
The Town of Shelby has received the following copy of the Bluffland Preservation by La Crosse County LAPC. This document has not been approved the by Town of Shelby Board. This is for reference. Please review and forward your comments or concerns to Tim Candahl, Tim Ehler, or Carroll Vizecky. Additional information will be be posted when it becomes available.
The Town is selling stickers to be used when you have extra garbage that will not fit into the garbage cart. They are 5 stickers for $15.00. (posted 5/2014)
SENIORS: Senior Guidance is an organization dedicated to providing helpful senior living resources for the elderly. They have a website that shows a list of services and may be of value to our residents. Please go to https://www.seniorguidance.org for additional information.
ISSUES TO FOLLOW
Apply for your 2018 FIRE RING PERMIT (FREE) online-see Fire Dept heading on left and apply! They go right to the Fire Chiefs Office and they get emailed back to you! No need to have them mailed or get a paper copy. As of 2014 this is a one time application as long as you reside at the location on the permit. (posted 12/15)
- 911 SIGNS: Signs are still be installed in some locations around Town.
- There is a serious problem with dog feces being left in the parks! It should be picked and taken home, not left in refuse containers at the parks or thrown in the bathrooms. If the problem continues, dogs will be banned from all Town of Shelby parks. Those who use the parks for other activities and park maintenance staff should not have to deal with your dog feces. We are also having reports of dogs running loose in Pammel Creek Park and Mormon Coulee Park. Dogs must be on a lease at all times outside of your yard. (posted 4/13/2014)
- DUMPSTERS: Town does not allow dumpster or other obstructions to be placed on Town right-of-way. Permits are available for special circumstances. (posted 4/13)
- Town right-of-way extends 10-15 feet beyond the edge of the road. This area is used for snow storage when snow is pushed back away from the road and sometimes the plows tear up the sod and dirt. Generally the property owner will be responsible for repair. (posted 1/14/2014)
- A permit is required for Drive Way restructuring, resurfacing. There is no fee for this permit. We just want to make sure culverts are in good condition and the water flow is moving the way it needs to move. (posted 4/7/2015)
Concerns and Complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brush List Sign-up: Please leave your address when calling in to the Brush-Hot-Line at 608-788-1032 ext. 6 or email: email@example.com
Info on House Checks: firstname.lastname@example.org
TOWN OF SHELBY
2800 Ward Avenue
La Crosse, WI 54601
Office Hours 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Monday thru Friday
TOWN BOARD MEMBERS
Tim Candahl Town Chairperson 608-780-3564
Tim Ehler Supervisor 608-792-6955
Tim Padesky Supervisor 608-780-1322